The new Common Rule was published on January 19, 2017, with a January 2018 effective date. After delay, this was pushed to January 2019. The much anticipated new Common Rule is now just days away from implementation. From the beginning, Quorum Review IRB was prepared for the changes to federally funded research and ready to service these studies. Two years later, Quorum remains ready and excited to embrace the next era in research and human subjects protection.
For organizations still wondering about the new Common Rule’s impacts or what to do, take a look at the resources below or reach out to us! Quorum continues to stay up-to-date on any and all IRB regulatory changes and guidance, as well as provide ongoing content and communications to ensure that Quorum can best help clients and researchers achieve compliance.
Check out the Common Rule resources we have published to date:
FAQ: Common Rule FAQ
- The FDA Offers a Comparison with New Common Rule Requirements
- OHRP Issues Guidance Documents for Three Common Rule Burden-Reducing Provisions
- Infographic: The Common Rule Implementation Timeline
- Most Common Rule “2018 Requirements” Will Take Effect in 2019
- The Reasonable Person: A Character of Interest in the New Common Rule
- Common Rule Delayed to January 2019
- OHRP Sheds A Little Light on the Revised Common Rule
- What’s Happening With the Common Rule?
- Cooperative IRB Review: It’s What’s Happening in 2020
Kinetiq (The Research and Technology Consulting Division of Quorum)
- Race to the Finish: The Common Rule Deadline Looms Large
- Calling All McFlys: A Checklist for Going Back to the Future on the Revised Common Rule
- Common Rule Delay