What is Quorum Review’s Federal Wide Assurance (FWA) number?

An independent IRB does not need to obtain a Federalwide Assurance (FWA). An FWA is required for institutions that are engaged in research conducted or supported by a federal agency (such as HHS.) An IRB itself is not engaged in the research nor is it a direct recipient of federal funds. However, an FWA requires the institution to list all IRBs that review research for the institution. All IRBs must be registered with OHRP before they can be listed on an institution’s FWA. Therefore, when an institution wishes to use the services of an independent IRB, it must add the IRB to its FWA as an IRB of Record using the IRB’s OHRP registration number. More information is available at http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/assurances/assurances/filasurt.html