What is CITI and does Quorum provide access to the program?
CITI stands for the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative. This program provides training modules in Good Clinical Practice, Basic Courses in the Protection of Human Research Subjects, Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), and a variety of other subjects. Quorum provides access for Principal investigators and study coordinators, and other study staff. Please see the Instructions for joining CITI through Quorum Review for information on how to initiate CITI training.
Learn how to log into CITI training here.
Investigator and Research Staff Education
The Board expects the investigator and research staff to understand and comply with applicable national, state, provincial and local laws, regulations, and guidance as well as the guidelines set forth in the Quorum Handbook throughout the conduct of a study. In addition, the Board expects the principal investigator to engage in continuing education devoted to the protection of human research participants and ensure that the study staff is properly trained on human research participant protection.
The Board generally considers the following opportunities adequate:
- CITI Program: Course in the Protection of Human Research Subjects (an online program, more information detailed below);
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center: Clinical Research Training (an online program);
- Seminar or online training specific to human research participant protection; or
- Self-study specific to human research participant protection.
Quorum Review and the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
(CITI) was founded in March 2000 as a web based training program in human research subject’s protections. This training is now available through Quorum Review for principal investigators, study coordinators, and other study contacts.
The CITI Program offers numerous training modules, including:
- Basic Courses in the Protection of Human Research Subjects
- Biomedical Focus
- Social and Behavioral Focus
- Data or Specimen Focus
- IRB Member Focus
- Good Clinical Practice Series
- Health Information Privacy and Security Course (HIPS)
- Refresher Courses
For more information, course descriptions are available on the CITI Support Center webpage.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding CITI training.