Privacy Statement | Quorum Review IRB
Quorum Privacy Statement
Effective Date: August 3, 2018
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement explains our privacy practices for quorumreview.com, kinetiqideas.com, and qconsent.com, and the products and services available through those websites.
This Privacy Statement is meant to help you understand what type of information we collect from you, why we collect it, and what we do with it. By accessing or using our websites or services that link to this Privacy Statement (we’ll refer to our website and services as “Services”), you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, you should not use or access the Services.
Please also keep in mind that our websites may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. For your own protection, read the privacy statement of each website that you visit.
Types of information collected
The types of information we collect depend on how you use the Services. For example, you may want to give us your name and contact information to communicate with you, to register for a webinar, or to do business with us if you are a business partner. We may also automatically collect information relating to your use of our websites so that we can make our Services more helpful. Please see the sections below for more information on the types of data we might collect.
Information you provide us
Information that you provide us may include the following categories of information:
- Contact information: When you request information, submit feedback, or sign up for services such as a webinar or e-newsletter, we collect information including your name, email address, or mobile phone number.
- Account information: When you create an account with us, we collect information such as your name, mailing address, email address, and/or phone number.
Information we automatically collect
When you browse our website, we collect certain information about your visit. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to our site and its various sections and to help make our site more useful to visitors. For example, we may collect the following categories of information:
Usage data: We collect information about the ways in which you interact with our website, such as:
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visited
- Time spent on page
- Scroll depth (the measure of how much of a web page was viewed)
- User events (e.g. clicking a button)
- Browser language
- Screen resolution
Device and browser data: We collect data from the device and application you used to access our website, including:
- Device type (e.g. desktop computer, tablet, or type of mobile device)
- IP address (an IP or internet protocol address is a number that is automatically assigned to a device connected to the web)
- Operating system (software that directs a computer’s basic functions such as executing programs and managing storage) for the device that you are using and information about the browser you used when visiting the site
- Approximate geographic location based on the IP address of the user’s local system
Referral data: WIf you arrive at our website from another source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we collect information about the source that referred you, including:
- Address of the website that connected you to our website (such as google.com or bing.com)
- Domain from which you accessed the internet (e.g. Comcast.com, if you are using a Comcast account)
Cookies and similar technologies
We collect information from your visits to our website to help us gather statistics about usage and effectiveness, personalize your experience, and tailor our interactions with you. We do so using a variety of third-party web tools for web analytics and cookies. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as a tag that identifies your computer. Cookies allow us, among other things, to store your preferences and settings; enable you to sign-in; provide interest-based advertising; combat fraud; and analyze how our websites and online services are performing.
How we use information we collect
We may use your personal information to support services you have obtained from us, such as to fulfill your requests for information or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. More specifically, we might use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with the services and products you have requested
- Respond to an inquiry or feedback
- Provide you with additional information we feel may be of interest to you
- Notify you about upcoming training opportunities, new services, or changes to this privacy statement
- Test changes and develop new features, products, and services
- Generate and review data and reports describing our user base and usage patterns
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of our website and Services
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
From time to time, we may combine your personal information with website activity information, such as pages visited or files downloaded.
Information we share
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Quorum unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: We may share your information in other ways and for new purposes if you have asked us to do so or have consented to such sharing. For example, we post customer testimonials on our websites that may identify you if we have received your consent.
- With service providers: This includes services providers we hire to assist us in providing services to you, such as providing search technology, advertising services, authentication systems, bill collection and fulfillment, fraud detection, and customer support. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf.
- New ownership: As we develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets or the assets disclosed in connection with the due diligence for any such transaction. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our websites of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Quorum if we are required to do so by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation or by order or request of a regulatory agency.
Where we store and how long we keep personal information
We store your personal information on our servers in United States for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on our offsite backup media.
How we secure your personal information
Quorum is committed to keeping your personal information secure and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration.
Access to your personal information
You retain all rights to your personal information and can access it anytime. If you request access to your personal information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information. In addition, we take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information.
Quorum’s website and services that link to this Privacy Statement are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children. We will not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register for any content, product, or service. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about users under age 13, except as permitted by law.
Notification of Changes
We will post a notice at the top of this page notifying you when this Privacy Statement is updated or modified in a material way.
Privacy Questions and Access
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or Quorum’s handling of your information, you can send an email to email@example.com. You can also contact us at:
Quorum Review, Inc.
1501 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101