Mar. 20, 2002, P.L. 154, No. 13 Cl. 40
Section 504, Informed Consent
(a) Duty of physicians.–Except in emergencies, a physician owes a duty to a patient to obtain the informed consent of the patient or the patient’s authorized representative prior to conducting the following procedures:
- Performing surgery, including the related administration of anesthesia.
- Administering radiation or chemotherapy.
- Administering a blood transfusion.
- Inserting a surgical device or appliance.
- Administering an experimental medication, using an experimental device or using an approved medication or device in an experimental manner.