Botanicals have been used for millennia to combat illness—but why are there so few clinical trials testing the merits of this modality?
This whitepaper describes rationale for why IRBs should embrace botanical medicine protocols.
- The history of botanical medicines
- The regulatory landscape of botanical medicines
- What is known of efficacy and safety
- Ethical issues associated with research in botanical medicine
- How an IRB should approach review of botanical medicine protocols
- Real-world scenarios involving IRB review of botanical medicine protocols