What can I do to manage or minimize conflicts of interest?
Possible actions the investigator can take to manage potential conflicts of interest include:
- Disclose the conflict in the consent form
- Complete additional training or education requirements for the investigator and study staff.
- Require a non-conflicted sub-investigator, monitor, or other study staff member to assist or conduct certain parts of the research such as the informed consent process
- Require a designee without a conflict to collect and report study data
- Modify the recruitment and retention plans to account for the existing conflict
- Divest financial interests either partially or completely