Quorum Review IRB’s review boards are composed of diverse individuals who collectively represent a wealth of experience and expertise in the clinical research process.
Scientific, ethical and community perspectives are represented and integrated in the concrete application of ethical research concepts to real-life situations.
The members of Quorum’s independent review boards and research ethics boards have expertise in a variety of therapeutic specialties. The composition of Quorum’s boards comply fully with relevant U.S. and Canadian regulations. Quorum also maintains a network of consultants to provide technical, scientific and therapeutic guidance when necessary.
- Board meetings every business day to review new protocols and consent forms
- Initial review of protocols and consent forms are conducted Monday through Friday (except business holidays)
- Ten Daily Board meetings (2 each business day) for the review of amendments, revised consent forms, and research sites
- Boards fully comply with relevant U.S. and Canadian regulations
- An in-house Expedited Review Team for items that qualify for Expedited Review
- For international research conducted outside of the U.S. and Canada, Quorum Review IRB will review for compliance under ICH GCP, local standards, and U.S. standards (if applicable). Quorum will coordinate with local review committees if they exist, or may serve as the sole IRB of record where no local review committees exist and it is permitted by local standards.
Quorum Review’s Boards are currently organized as follows:
|The Seattle Board (Board I): This Board is based in Seattle, Washington but its membership includes scientific and non-scientific professionals from all over the United States. This Board is capable of ethics review of research performed in the U.S. as well as internationally (with the exception of Canada which is handled by our North American Board). The Seattle Board currently meets twice a week to review new protocols and model consent forms (Monday and Thursdays). This Board can also review protocol amendments, revised consents, and research sites.|
|The North American Board (Board II): This REB/IRB is based in Vancouver, British Columbia but its roster represents qualified professionals from all over Canada (including Québec) as well as the U.S. They specialize in ethics review of research conducted in both Canada and the U.S., however they can also review of research done internationally. The North American Board currently meets twice a week (Wednesdays and Fridays) and reviews new protocols and model consent forms. This Board can also review protocol amendments, revised consents, and research sites.|
|The Daily Board (Board III): This Board is based in Seattle, Washington but its membership includes scientific and non-scientific professionals from all over the United States. This Board is capable of ethics review of research performed in the U.S. and typically reviews protocol amendments, site changes, and model consent forms revised by specific investigators to incorporate any unique changes. The Daily Board meets twice each business day (Monday through Friday).|
|Cambridge Board (Board IV): Launched in 2011, our Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Board is designed with a special emphasis on complex oncology studies, although it can review studies from virtually any therapeutic background. The Cambridge Board is primarily comprised of members in the Boston area although it features members from all over the U.S. The Cambridge Board currently meets on Tuesdays. This Board can review new protocols, new model consent forms, amendments, revised consents, and research sites.|
HIPAA Privacy Board: Quorum Review IRB meets the requirements to serve as a Privacy Board in the event your organization does not have one. We can review requests to waive or alter the requirement of a HIPAA authorization.